1. How do I apply for the HAX Tokyo program?
Please apply from"apply for HAX Tokyo"on our web portal.
2. What are the application requirements?
1. Startup companies issuing stocks that aim to go IPO or M & A.
2. At least two people should participate during the program (only one person is NG).
3. The product your developing is hardware (robotics, IoT, etc.).
4. Managers(CEO・CTOetc.)can participate in the program.
5. If selected, the teams should receive investment from SOSV/Sumitomo Corporation and participate in the program.
6.Eligible stages are up to Series A, but are up to consultation.
3. What are the features of HAX Tokyo compared to other accelerators?
HAX Tokyo is a part of HAX, which is the first and largest hardware accelerator program in the world. By participating in HAX Tokyo, startups not only get access to HAX's global resource, but can also collaborate with some biggest corporations in Japan to gain traction and get business validation from day 1.
4.Can we apply for multiple business plans?
Yes, but there is a possibility to narrow down to one business plan after being adopted.
5.Do we need to speak Japanese (or English)?
You need to be able to speak either English or Japanese. Communication with Shenzhen HAX members will be in English (conversation or email).
6.Does the business need to be in line with the business of the Sumitomo Corporation Group company?
Although it is preferable if the area is close to the business of the Sumitomo Corporation Group companies, there are no restrictions on the application because its business is diverse.
7.Must I use a dedicated working space (MIRAI LAB PALETTE) during the program period?
If you already have an office, you do not have to use a dedicated working space. However, our regular meetings and mentoring sessions will be held in the working space.
8.Can we join other accelerator programs at the same time?
Participation of other companies in the program is prohibited in order to concentrate on this program.
9.Can we receive funding?
We will consider investing in participating companies as necessary in the HAX Tokyo program.